Orlando Watersports Complex (OWC)
Nautique Boat at OWC
Bill wakeskating at OWC
Since I joined Correct Craft over five years ago I have had the opportunity to travel all over the world representing our company and our Nautique boat brand. I have met with many people in all aspects of our industry in every corner of the world and it seems like almost every trip I take includes a visit to a cable park.
The past few years the cable park industry has easily become the fastest growing segment of the watersports world. While some people in the boat business have, frankly, found this growth threatening, our team at Correct Craft has wholeheartedly embraced it. We have viewed cable parks as a great way to bring people into our industry.
While there are many great cable parks around the world none have impressed me more than our hometown park, Orlando Watersports Center (OWC). Our Nautique brand has had a strategic alliance with OWC since the park first opened and I have had the opportunity to visit OWC many times. Over the past five years, I have come to immensely respect OWC’s founder and General Manager Rene Hofmann and I am proud to call Rene a good friend.
So, when our team began exploring opportunities to expand in this fast growing segment of our market it made sense to first look at OWC. OWC is in our hometown, has a stellar reputation and brand, is located in the world?s most visited destination and Rene and I have spoken many times about how we could work together more closely. With that said, I am happy to announce that Correct Craft has acquired OWC.
Many people have already begun to wonder how this deal impacts Correct Craft, OWC, Nautique and Rene. I will try to address each of those subjects as follows:
Finally, I recently took some time to wakeskate at OWC and it was a blast. If you have not had a chance to visit OWC yet we encourage you to stop by on your next visit to Central Florida!
- Correct Craft – Correct Craft is the parent company and will own our Nautique boat building company, OWC through Correct Craft?s subsidiary Aktion Parks, and a few other related entities. We are proud of our Correct Craft heritage and even with its incredible past and heritage we believe Correct Craft?s best days are still ahead. We plan to continue investing in and growing both Correct Craft?s boat and cable businesses.
- OWC – We plan to apply Nautique?s culture of continuous improvement to OWC. We already have a list of investment opportunities at OWC that will enhance the park as a destination for watersports enthusiasts from all over the world. OWC?s best days are still ahead!
- Nautique – We are going to keep on building the world?s best watersports boats. We have some really exciting things happening at Nautique and the future is very bright!
- Rene – Rene has agreed to continue as a minority partner in OWCand I am thrilled to be working more closely with him. Rene will work as part of our team not only helping with the integration ofOWC but also pursuing other opportunities for us in the cable park industry. Rene is an amazing guy who is highly respected and I am excited about what we will do together.
- Aktion Parks – This is a new Correct Craft subsidiary we have formed to manage our cable park related investments. We believe cable will continue to grow and be an important part of our industry and will be looking forward to invest in ways that provide fun opportunities for our customers and benefit our Nautique dealers. You will be seeing more of the Aktion brand!
Exciting days are ahead!
To learn more check out the OWC website atwww.orlandowatersports.com.